(ISC)² is an international nonprofit membership association focused on inspiring a safe and secure cyber world. Best known for the acclaimed Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP®) certification, (ISC)2 offers a portfolio of credentials that are part of a holistic, programmatic approach to security. Our membership, over 115,000 strong, is made up of certified cyber, information, software and infrastructure security professionals who are making a difference and helping to advance the industry. Our vision is supported by our commitment to educate and reach the general public through our charitable foundation – The Center for Cyber Safety and EducationTM. For more information on (ISC)², visit www.isc2.org, follow us on Twitter or connect with us on Facebook.
Our members consist of (ISC)² credentialed professionals who hold either a SSCP, CAP, CSSLP, and/or a CISSP or advanced concentration certification. Our chapter program is focused on sharing knowledge and exchanging ideas among security professionals in the local area. Ultimately, we want to advance the field of information security by educating practitioners and the public at large on how to protect and defend against security threats. Learn more about the benefits of becoming a Chapter Member, visit our Membership page.
Our chapter meetings are held quarterly. Visit our Events page for our calendar of upcoming events!
(ISC)²® Gauteng Chapter is the first Chapter to be established in South Africa and in the greater Southern Hemisphere. (ISC)²® is a not-for-profit membership body of certified information security professionals in and around the Gauteng Province, South Africa.
This Chapter was officially chartered on the 7th May 2012.
The Chapter activities include:
- Professional Network – developing a database of subject matter experts to call upon for speaking engagements or assistance at work
- Share Resources – building a knowledge bank or library full of educational resources donated by members (i.e. whitepapers, reports, presentations, articles, conference videos, etc.)
- Job Opportunities – connect those who are looking with those companies that are hiring
- Study Groups – for those pursuing certification
- Workshops – provide a more hands on approach to learning the CBK
- Official (ISC)2 Review Seminars – With assistance from (ISC)2
Headquarters in Palm Harbour, USA. We hold official seminars for our members.
- Professionals Development Events – professional speakers/discussions at dinner event, lunch and learns, ½ or full day seminar
- General Public – educate the public about protection against cyber threats, and the value of the profession and certification
- Colleges / Universities – educate students interested in the field or getting ready to enter the market (serve as a mentor)
- School Children – educate children ages 7-14 on Internet safety and protect themselves from online predators
(ISC)²’s certifications are among the first information technology credentials to meet the stringent requirements of ANSI/ISO/IEC Standard 17024, a global benchmark for assessing and certifying personnel. (ISC)² also offers a variety of education programs and services based on its CBK®, a compendium of information security topics. Education offerings consist of classroom and online review seminars, self assessment tools, and textbooks.